Ahoy there me mateys! With more NetGalley rejections piling up, I had a hankering to do another one of these posts. For those scalawags new to the crew, me blog started in January 2016. It originally took several months for me to learn about NetGalley and then attempt to use it. In fact, my first review was submitted to NetGalley on April 3, 2016. Weirdly, I didn’t post a review of that book on me blog at the time. Now, of course, I am a NetGalley junkie and am continuously perusing the loot and raising a celebratory glass whenever I get approved. It hasn’t gotten old. But even this pirate Captain has been declined at times. While trying to plan me eArc readin’, I was curious about how often I had been rejected so of course a tally was needed. When I originally tallied that number was 44 but has since increased to 91. Well me scalawags, here be Part Ten of explorin’ the rejections and seeing what me thoughts be all these days later. This post be surveying rejections 46 through 50. Hope ye like it. If not sod off cause I be enjoying meself . . .
Side note: all book titles link to Goodreads and the cover photos are from there too.
46. spinning silver (Naomi Novik) – While I was super sad not to be approved, I did end up reading this and loved it. In fact it got five stars from me and made it onto the top 5 books of 2018. For me review click here.
47. rogue protocol (Martha Wells) – I LOVE MURDERBOT!!! So ye better believe that I was bummed out when I was rejected for this. Of course I ended up reading book three of this series. For me review click here. I am so very excited for the full-length Murderbot novel coming out on 5/5/2020. Of course the trend has continued and I have been rejected for an eArc of the novel too. I shall prevail and get to read all about the Murderbot. Arrrr!
48. stars uncharted (S.K. Dunstall) – Aye, another rejection for this author. Me #17 denial was for confluence (S.K. Dunstall) which is the third in the Linesmen series. I own book three and must finish that series first. I do think I will try to get me mitts on this series too . . . eventually.
49. 84K (Claire North) – Okay so I have only read one book by this author called touch which sadly I never reviewed on me blog. But I liked the concept of that book so much that I proceeded to break me own rule and put all of her other standalones on me ports for plunder list at once. Looking at them now, they all still sound good. I have tried her the first fifteen lives of henry august twice and know I have to be in the right mood for it before I try again. I am still determined to read all of them.
50. the forest queen (Betsy Cornwell) – I read the author’s mechanica (review here) and enjoyed it with quibbles. I didn’t like it enough to read the next book in the series but enough to give the author’s work another shot. So of course I wanted to read this Robin Hood retelling. Sadly the crew reviews for this are mostly on the negative side. I have lots of other book choices so I will pass.
So out of the five rejections in this set we have:
2 still on the ports for plunder list, 2 port visited and enjoyed, and 1 port quarantined and never to be visited again.
Keep a weathered-eye out for more rejections and always remember:
Q: Why did the pirate give up playing golf?
A: Because she kept hooking the ball!
Hardy har har!
x The Captain
Previous Log Entries for this Series
Check out the new Tally – NetGalley Rejections page!