Shiver Me Timbers mateys! Me Series be spiraling out of control! Many of me crew lament and wail about how series never seem to be finished and are hard to keep track of. That got me to thinking about what series still be languishing in the hold hoping for love and completion. Now here be the thing, when I started the official tally, I realized that subcategories would be needed due to the sheer volume or me noggin would self-destruct. So I will be splitting this up into multiple posts. The six (!) categories thus far are:
- Series that be completed that I have not finished (Much to me shame!);
- Series that I be caught up on but am waiting on the author to supply me with the next volume (Write faster dang it!);
- Series that are not finished but I haven’t caught up with all the released books yet (Why?);
- Series that be completed that I haven’t even started yet (Oh my!);
- Series that are not finished that I haven’t started yet (Sigh!); and
- Series that I am gonna toss overboard for a myriad of reasons (Dun Dun Dun!).
This fifth installment will focus on series that are not finished that I haven’t started yet (Sigh!). This list is in alphabetical order by author’s first name and then the series name. Clicking on the series titles will lead ye to the series’ Goodreads page. Clicking on the crew members names will lead ye to their reviews. All release dates comes from Goodreads and are subject to change. This will seriously be a long list so continue at yer own peril . . .
All authors whose works I have never read are marked with a *
- Adrian Tchaikovsky – Children of Time – this sci-fi series only has two books out. I am not sure if there are going to be more or not which is why it be on this list. I have read two of his standalones and be ready to try a series.
- Alex White – The Salvagers * – Treasure hunters in space. This sci-fi trilogy has two books out so far. The third book is scheduled for 2020.
- Aliette de Bodard – Dominion of the Fallen – I have read several of this author’s novellas and loved them. I do want to try this trilogy. Book three is scheduled to come out later this month. Paris in ruins and a murder mystery and a war in heaven. Talk about problems.
- Amy Stewart – Kopp Sisters * – This is not me typical genre here on the blog but the premise of historical female deputy sheriffs was too good to pass up. I own the first two books. Book five comes out September 2019. Plus the first mate loved the audiobook of book one.
- Anna Smith Spark – Empires of Dust * – The third book of this grimdark fantasy series comes out in August 2019. I don’t know much about this series to be honest except the author’s debut got good reviews from mateys Mogsy, Drew, and Lisa.
- Anna Stephens – Godblind * – These books have pretty covers which is how I first noticed them. This is supposed to be a gritty epic fantasy trilogy. The third book is slated for August 2019.
- Barbara Kloss – The Gods of Men * – This was one of the 10 finalists in the SPFBO 2018 contest. The second book isn’t out yet. I am on the fence about this fantasy series.
- Ben Aaronovitch – Peter Grant * – This fantasy series sounds good but it is so darn long. Book eight is scheduled for November 2019. Plus there are tons of novellas. And it be urban fantasy which I have problems with. Conflicted.
- Bradley P. Beaulieu – The Song of the Shattered Sands * – This is another long fantasy series with novellas. Book five is scheduled for 2020 with the last book coming out in 2021. Unsure of this one.
- Brian Lee Durfee – The Five Warrior Angels * – There are currently two books in the five book series. The first book was the author’s debut. It apparently involves the “Gladiator. Assassin. Thief. Princess. And the Slave.” Assassin is likely what put this series on me list.
- Clare Legrand – Foxheart * – This is a cute sounding middle-grade series involving a orphan/thief/witch. The companion book is scheduled for sometime this year.
- Damien Black – Devil’s Night Dawning * – This is a five book fantasy series. Only books one and two are out. I picked it because of the dragon on the cover. I know nothing else about it.
- Daniel Cole – Fawkes and Baxter * – This is another genre change for me and is a murder mystery series. All three books in this series are apparently now out. I wasn’t paying attention and so it will stay on this list for the purposes of this post.
- David Mealing – The Ascension Cycle * – The first two book of this epic fantasy series are out. There is no date for the last.
- Devin Madson – The Reborn Empire * – The cover of book one led me to this fantasy series debut. Only two books of the quartet are out yet. No word on the rest of the books.
- Django Wexler – The Wells of Sorcery * – I can’t read this fantasy series until I read the other one on me list. Book two comes out in 2020 and book three has no date. I have time. Ghost ships in this one. Arrrr!
- Duncan M. Hamilton – Dragonslayer * – Dragons! Book one of the trilogy just came out earlier this month. The other two books have no set date.
- Emily Devenport – The Medusa Cycle * – This is a sci-fi series about AI. I don’t know how many books will eventually be in this series but book two is scheduled for later this month.
- Gareth L. Powell – Embers of War * – A sci-fi series where the warship Trouble Dog seems to be the main character. How cool is that? Books one and two are out but no date for the third yet.
- Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan – The Black Iron Legacy * – I own book one of this fantasy trilogy about thieves but I haven’t read it yet. Book two comes out in 2020. I have time.
- J. Zachary Pike – The Dark Profit Saga * – This series is a fantasy satire. I have heard good things about the first book but am not sure if I want to read it or not. Two books are out. There might be a third. Thoughts?
- Jacqueline Koyanagi – Tangled Axon * – This is a f/f sci-fi romance series. I don’t normally like the books that lean more towards the romance side but this sounds kinda fun. But only book one is out.
- Janet Edwards – Scavenger Alliance * – Guess what? A Sarah @ brainfluff recommendation. Of course her name had to pop up on this list. Books one and two of this trilogy are out. No word on the third.
- Jeff Minerd – Sky Riders of Etherium * – This is a steampunk fantasy with airships. I own the first book. The second book is out. No word on the third.
- Jonathan French – The Lot Lands * – Two books are out in this fantasy series. I don’t know if there will be more.
- Josh Rhoades – Skysail Saga * – Me notes say that I own the first book of this series. I don’t know where it be. But steampunk fantasy can be fun. Only thing is none of the other books are out yet.
- K.S. Villoso – Annals of the Bitch Queen * – This series has beautiful covers and sounds like fun. The author even gave me a copy of the first book. I just have to read it! Apparently book two is already out so I should try and get to this soon.
- Kim Smejkal – Ink in the Blood * – This YA fantasy series deals with tattoo magic. But the first book doesn’t even come out until 2020.
- Kristi Charish – Kincaid Strange * – I won the first book of this urban fantasy series from Matey Tammy.@ books,bones,&buffy. I have to read this one too! Book two is out but no word on book three.
- Maria Turtschaninoff – The Red Abbey Chronicles * – This is a YA fantasy series by a Finnish author. I have wanted to read it since I first saw the glorious hardback covers. The third book comes out in English in 2020. Hooray for books from non-American writers (no offense!).
- Mark Lawrence – Impossible Times – I don’t know anything about D&D. But I do know that Lawrence is a good author. So I want to give this series a try. And all three books of the trilogy should be out by the end of this year.
- Mark Gelineau – Echoes of the Ascended * – This is a series of eight fantasy novellas. I own the first book. How this goes will determine if I spend money on the rest of the series.
- Rachel Caine – The Honors * – Books one and two of this YA sci-fi are out. The third book comes out in 2020.
- Rebecca Roanhorse – The Sixth World * – I have heard mixed things about this YA fantasy series but still want to try it for the worldbuilding. Books one and two are out. No date on three.
- Robert V.S. Redick – The Fire Sacraments * – Mistaken assassins and a giant cat on the cover. Sign me up. But only the first book is out so far but I have another quartet by this author to read first.
- S.J. Pajonas – Hikoboshi * – Yet another Sarah @ brainfluff book! I can’t keep up with her. But this sci-fi series sounds great. All three books may be out by now.
- Sean Danker – Evagardian * – Sci-fi series with cool premise. Not sure if all the books are out yet.
- Somaiya Daud – Mirage * – I am not sure yet if I want to read this YA sci-fi series. Only book one is out so far. Book two is in 2020 and no date for book three. I have time to make up me mind. Will likely wait until the rest of the series be out to do so.
- Susan Kaye Quinn – Debt Collector Season One * – I have no idea if this series is complete. It is a future noir where I downloaded the first season for free. So I will explore this series further at some point.
- Suzanne Young – Girls with Sharp Sticks * – This YA dystopian sounds cool. Book one is out and book two is due in 2020.
- Todd Lockwood – The Evertide * – Dragons! Only the first book is out so far with no word on the rest.
So ye dastardly scalawags, out of these series are there any that ye believe should be purged? Have ye explored these ports only to find insipid characters, messy plots, and wasted time? Yer Captain wants to know all about it. Save yer Captain and fellow crewmates from shores that should have remained unexplored. Arrrrr!
In the meantime, keep a weathered-eye out for more lamentations about the uncompleted series I haven’t started yet and always remember:
Q: How much did the pirate pay to have her ears pierced?
A: A buck an ear!
Hardy har har!
x The Captain