Shiver Me Timbers mateys! Me Series be spiraling out of control! Many of me crew lament and wail about how series never seem to be finished and are hard to keep track of. That got me to thinking about what series still be languishing in the hold hoping for love and completion. Now here be the thing, when I started the official tally, I realized that subcategories would be needed due to the sheer volume or me noggin would self-destruct. So I will be splitting this up into multiple posts. The six (!) categories thus far are:
- Series that be completed that I have not finished (Much to me shame!);
- Series that I be caught up on but am waiting on the author to supply me with the next volume (Write faster dang it!);
- Series that are not finished but I haven’t caught up with all the released books yet (Why?);
- Series that be completed that I haven’t even started yet (Oh my!);
- Series that are not finished that I haven’t started yet (Sigh!); and
- Series that I am gonna toss overboard for a myriad of reasons (Dun Dun Dun!).
This third installment will focus on series that are not finished but I haven’t caught up with all the released books yet (Why?). Since this list is (thankfully) shorter this is sorted by series titles in alphabetical order by author’s first name. Clicking on the series titles will lead ye to the series’ Goodreads page. Clicking on the links in the descriptions will take ye to the reviews of the books I have read so far. This will seriously be a long list so continue at yer own peril . . .
- This is the Mistborn series following Wax and Wayne. I read the first two out of the quartet. I have not read bands of mourning yet even though it came out in 2016. I think I will wait for #4 to come out before finishing this.
- I have not yet read oathbringer for two reasons – 1) it’s so long; and 2) I don’t really remember much of book two even thought book one’s details are fresh. Me noggin is strange. I know this will be good. I know I have to read it before book four comes out. I need motivation for this!
- This is scheduled to be a four book series. I read the first book and really loved it. Books two and three are already out. These are slow reads so I am in no rush.
- This is a five books series and books one to four are already out. I didn’t know this was a series and apparently read book two. Oops! I need to start this one over again and then catch up.
- I be a huge fan. I have read the first three of the Rockton series but have not read the fourth, watcher in the woods. It is out so I have to get a copy.
- The first mate and I both loved book one. He has book two on audio book and really enjoyed it. I need to make time to listen to it and catch up!
- I read age of myth and age of swords and really loved them. This series is completed and is slowly being released by the author. I haven’t read book three, age of war, and don’t own it yet. Though I did pre-order book four, age of legend, in a kickstarter. I will pre-order five and six through the next kickstarters too.
- I had mixed feelings about the armored saint and thought I was going to abandon the series. But then I saw the second book in the library and realized that I did want to find out what happened next. So I have book two waiting to be read. And book three comes out on 10/1/19.
- I read the poppy war and enjoyed it. This series is on the list because I snagged an eArc of the dragon republic. Me review will be posted on 8/5/19. I have to read book two before then!
- I loved the lies of locke lamora and red seas under red skies. I am a latecomer to this series. Book three is out. Books four to seven are not yet. Plenty of time to catch up.
- I really enjoyed the syndicate and then never checked up on when the next book was out. Apparently books two and three are out. No word on book four yet. This is about time travel and is self-published. I will pick up the next one and some point and go from there.
- I really loved rosewater but I wasn’t sure if I wanted to read the whole trilogy. Then the excellent reviews started coming in. So aye, have to catch up now.
So thus far in Part Three we have TWELVE (12) uncompleted series to catch up on. Not too bad. So that makes 80 series I be currently reading. But I am not done yet . . .
Keep a weathered-eye out for more lamentations about the series I want to read but haven’t started yet and always remember:
Q: What did the pirate yell right before he died?
A: Arrrrr me hearty!
Hardy har har!
x The Captain